Missoula

Around 13 May, I arrived in Missoula a nice looking small town of 55000 about people. I felt good to touch some civilization. And a University town, most of the people I met are younger.

I start to feel the kilometers in my legs, and decided to stay 3 days, get some rest...




Weather was really good to me, since I left Canada, I had only sunny days, and warmer than average. Even if night time, temperatures drop allot, we went from 28C down to 0C, one time sleeping outside, I felt my face really cold night at time.
Missoula is a town very bicycle friendly, you can see people cycling around all the town, and it is the town of Adventure Cycling Association, http://www.adventurecycling.org/
I have to say that, until now, most of the roads they suggest for cyclist are shoulders along busy or less busy Highways, so... Keep in mind, is good to have a small mirror to watch your back and be ready to pull over. But one step at a time, I'm sure they will manage to convince the different States, to build bicycle paths like the one going from Lolo (south of Missoula) to Darby. That was a wonderful ride on proper bicycle path.
 In Missoula I was kind of busy chilling out to relive the stiffness of my legs, and beers helps allot!
I usually hit the Top Hat Bar, a very nice place to be and meet people and play pool.
I have to say they have terrific people working behind the bar, they care for you, and they are very nice.
I think if hanged there more than two days, I would probably started to bring flowers to Autumn....
So I left, sadly back to my ride.
(she's a wonderful Libra)
Cheers, good to wash hands after that picture... uhuhuh

Comments