Bye Bye Calgary


That was courageous... My day started with a dense fog over Calgary, all biggest sky scrapper where lost in white. I thought the sun will come out, somewhere along the road. So let's go, rock&roll...
I had some rain, I had a very cloudy weather, cold weather, I thought why in the world I choose to come over here in May... And the worst had to come, cycling out from Calgary is nothing like, I did in my past 41 years.


Most people in Switzerland and Europe never enjoyed riding a bicycle on a Highway, I did! 
I have to say Canadian drive better than French, and Swiss (where this year they reported more dead's among the cyclist community).


More respectful and careful. You do this outside Paris or Milano or any other big European city... And you surely end up dead or in jail. Here is the sky in the morning. I keep smiling and I'm happy. And by mid-day my optimism payed off, I had sun!
I tried to cycle trough small roads, and almost lost my self; I discovered that in such big country, not all roads are paved, most of the country side roads that you can see on Google maps, are not, I say are not in good shape. Especially if the day before rained.



Calgary
&
Pippo looking at Calgary





Nanton Southern Alberta, my day ended here, in a "nice" Motel. But! I got a wonderful bath, and Chinese food, and internet work like a charm.
After 100km with wind blowing in my face, and average speed of 12-15 km/h because from Calgary to south, it's all up!
And 55kg of bicycle and trailer to carry.
I'm very happy  :¬)



The Pippo-Post

Comments

  1. Hi Dude,

    keep it up, we are with you!

    Don't trust Google map, you will not find the height, while you think its near you might find river in between, erased from the map because maybe there was just a naked couple having sex when the picture was taken.

    Anyhow, run Johnny run, continue straight ahead, the good weather is there!

    Watch the bears!

    ManuTalLiaZoSol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's on, Pippo! Fantastic. Keep the faith and the rubber on the road.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Scott, Thank you for the support!!!
    Weather is bad... I really play poker with my self.
    But from tomorrow on, most of the weather forecast I saw, they all provide good news, sun, and mild temperatures! I may even go to Missoula :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment