West Yellowstone!


Earth Quake Lake, before Yellowstone. What happen here still a mystery to me. And that is how it should stay, to keep the beauty of unknown events, that makes the full sense of the word Mystery.

This morning the Pippo-Post report!
It is still cold, favorable wind blow my back... I like it. The ride is smooth, I had a wonderful night of sleep, in the wooden cabins, and still thinking about the Montana Spaghetti I cooked my self last night.





The rest of the day until arrival at W.Yellowstone, I was chased by snow and rain. Pippo cycled like human powered two wheeled  beast! And just got some litte flakes of snow before arrival. I was lucky enough to go through the drops.
(the art of going through the drops)



I reached West Yellowstone, around 2pm, instead of jumping in the first Motel on the way, I took my time...
I cycle through the streets of the small W.Yellowstone town, saw how people live "locals", business is good, plenty of beauty for hungry tourists, many gifts shops, many restaurants and bar.
I saw one sign. Evergreen Motel... I don't know how I picked that up, but that was, really a natural choice.
I discovered later that I had as well best deal, in that Motel.
Drop my stuff and went for a ride in the park! Like every tourists, but I'm on a recumbent bicycle, equipped with camera, pepper spray, some courage... There are some fees to pay to entry the park, 12$ for bipeds and cyclists, 25$ for motorized dudes...
Wow, that's so nice! People drive slowly, they want to see some wild life, and not crashing them, and me :)
20km from the park entrance, I saw Bison's !!! Awesome first Bison's in my life. I park the bicycle took the pepper spray in one pocket, and the camera in my hands, my balls as well! I walk gently toward the group, and I saw small calf's, I understood the risk of approaching such great animal, with little one's around, I keep my step soft, and approach at circa 10 meters (30 ft). The dominant male job... Is to protect the community, so one old big Bison came toward me, trying to figure out why I was so close to the group and if I was of any danger. He just stopped at 3 meters (9 ft), looked at me, chew some grass, looked at me, chew some grass, I took some photos, with out pointing the camera directly, more discretely... I was'n't sure about the result of the picture, so I took the camera and approached the visor to my face, pointing the lens toward the Bison, .... He just bluff charged me!!!! Woaaaaa! Got a good adrenaline charge! Jumped back, three, four, six fast silent steps back, I pull my self behind a sign, and he stopped the charge... Grunting at me... I walked back slowly with out taking my vision out of him.
So Mr.Bison! Thank you for the experience :)
And you are beautiful!!!





Comments

  1. Hi dear Philip.We are reading Pippo-Post with real interesting.Regards from Lena and Philip.
    We are OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao bel, fai il bravo con i bisonti che a ye mia di caprette ticinesi!!!!!!!!
    Te le foto sono veramente belle.
    Domani faccio vedere ai bimbi il tuo bisonte!
    Tut ben con il fisic?
    Te la tua wacom e i tuoi consigli su sketch bookshop pro era proprio quello che mi ci voleva! Grazie nani.
    Mi raccomando fa ul bravo!
    Forza te, ul tesin, l'oli d'uliva, la pasta e ul porco....
    Un basun
    Ste

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still in love with the big wide?
    Sun came back here, 24C and a trip to Burgundy, great reds and a wonderfull old manoir where to sleep.
    Good old Europe while totally broke still offers something ...
    Manuel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Les images toujours sympas, les commentaires toujours bien vivants...
    je suis avec intérêt cette aventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes I still in love with this beautiful country!
    merci

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment