The desert... Rocks and sand


So the road from Price to Moab, is the busy Highway 191.
I started the day early to get the max out of the morning part, coolest moment and nicest to cycle, after noon it gets very very hot. What to say about the desert, the rocks... Few bushes around... The mountains on the horizon? Everything looks far in the desert, and yes, I look miserable, is very very hot, and dusty, and there is no sign of shade for miles and miles... Easily 70 miles or more... Make it in kilometers it will be 100km?
I did cycle from Price direction Moab for 130 km before getting a chance to see a gas station, where to buy some water, chocolate, vitaminewater...




Miserable, maybe yes, but really happy!
The bicycle holds good all the kilometers, and the warm weather, I have some more troubles, to cool my self down.
Going straight for so long, you will be more than bored, I thought. I was almost right, actually the mind is free to think. I started to do calculations to convert miles in kilometers, I thought to be one eagle, each breath was a flap of the wings, I saw the desert from above, or imagine it, I thought about right words...

Right words to use on the blog, than I forgot what I was thinking... I was thinking about home, back in Ticino, the lake, the rivers, when I used to go with my friends in Valle Maggia, crystalline, pristine, clear water coming from the Swiss Italian Alps, we used to climb rocks and jump in to the big basin created by the river... I miss water allot, I feel hot, my body is really warm... Some days I have to wear long trousers and long sleeves t-shirt to avoid getting burnt by the strong sun.

And the night, the stars filled my unbelievable vision.
Sleeping is hard, to many kilometers, I keep waking up, every now and than, I decide than to make a profitable white night... If it is wasted, because I can not sleep, than we going to wasted it good! Camera and tripod, and time.













(With such incredible sights, Ompom disciple of Milarepa, continued the road taken by the vehicle Pippo)



To Dream, or to see, what is the final purpose of perception. "That every piece of this Universe can be seen and interact with others? Stone with the wind, sun with my skin, earth with the sky, the chicken and the worm, who talks and who listen"...
Desert make's me stranger than I'm... 




Comments

  1. Have you seen some ratltle snake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo, Pippo--keep crankin'! Beautiful shots. I love the desert--just not in summer. I've often wondered why you didn't start in the south and work your way north to do the desert earlier in the season. Oh well, at least this way you get the full-on desert experience. Be well and keep hydrated.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!Milarepa just with undisguised interest observes of travel of the son and a disciple (in the past)

    Ex-Milarepa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ompom ... seems you are back to the origins, i remember the cartoon, Ompom riding the bicycle in the sky, you were in Geneva, I was in Zurich, two young lost men, looking for women and party, and we just needed little nemo and some music to see the stars ...

    Good to know we are all sittin' under the same stars ... but shit do they look so much nicer over there!

    The one thing which one can take away from what you do is that it is just a matter of will ... and hop you go and live something unique on this incredible planet we call home!

    Get some sophistical desert experience and you will grow little man, you will grow ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. great cant wait to see you
    dim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ciao bel,
    Te sei haï il tempo vai a vedere chi era il pugile Teofilo Stevenson.
    Un abbraccio forte e continua così Aquila del deserto.
    Stefano

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment