Goulding to Tuba City unlimited



The day I left Goulding, I had an expensive Navajo taco breakfast with honey, I broke the locker of the bathroom (wooden cabins with a hole to shit in it)... I had to go to the toilet so bad, I run outside and went towards the small cabin, once I arrived I took the key and tried to open the toilet door, the key would not turn, the thing in my rectum was pushing out... I was giving birth, in the wrong place... I had to concentrate as much as I could to retain my self, finally, some breathing, concentration, and stomach yoga... crack...






The cheap key broke inside the locker... Shit... Wish me good luck! I concentrate even more, and I managed to overcome the urgent need. Mind control over the body.
... I took all my stuff and left in a hurry hopping not to be chased by the Navajos family, and than I find the magical bush, where to meditate about the morning Navajo taco.






(Some where, going outside Kayenta)


The wind started to blow pretty strong, I went through a sand storm. I could see the yellowish sand on the horizon between the mountains, horses standing still in the strong wind repaired by one electrical pilon, plastic bottles and bags flying around as ghosts. I must say, poor horses; they were skinny malnourished, sadly abandoned in the stormy desert...
I looked for my lovely scarf, that I bought in Big Fork Montana to cover my face from sand and wind... But, damn it!... I forgot the scarf on the bed, and I can not go back there, meet the Navajos family outside the toilette cabin waiting, and asking for my scarf... No way... So I opted for the Columbia face mask, less elegant, but functional.
I don't like to loose things, and in the Indian reserve I already lost the headphones Sennheiser and than the wonderful scarf... That was a bad sign. Some kind of weird energy entering my travel time and changing things. I have to keep one eye open, I told my self.
The rest of the day will be very hard on me.
Gust winds blowing as strong as 45 miles/hour, 75km/h. Would you imagine cycling against that? I had no choice... And to keep my mind quiet was a huge thing, that day.

I had a strange very sad encounter. I met a puppy in the middle of nowhere. 30 miles from Tuba City, abandoned to his tragic fate. I was having some snack to get some energy, and some water to hydrated, than suddenly from the desert I saw a nice puppy swinging his tail and coming towards me... I thought... Oh, my ... I see where the thing is going... 
I gave him water, and some food, he drank so much...I figure out that he could not find any water in the desert. One lady stopped by, and she gave me some extra food for the dog, and one extra bottle of water. I prepared a place where the puppy could eat and drink sheltered from the wind, I checked my watch, I had  three hours of light, started to feel anxious, I should keep going. The puppy, stopped eating and started to follow me... I started to cycle slowly away, he followed me, limping and running... I saw him in my mirror.

I stopped the bicycle, watched around for any signs of eventual owner, the puppy came happily. I was sad.
I decided to put the puppy on my trailer and take him with me. Once the puppy was seated on the trailer I started to cycle slowly. I checked on my mirror, he jumped off, limping and running, behind my bicycle... Stopped again, got the puppy on the trailer, made sure he was comfortable and hit the road again, slowly, checking on my new friend.
He was running and limping... To afraid to stay on the trailer, to lonely to walk away, he did not wanted to be abandoned.
I tried four extra times to get him quiet on the trailer, with out chance...
I thought about my situation the few hours of light left, and told him, good luck my friend, and took off... I checked on the mirror, I saw the little dog, following me, limping, struggling not to loose the only person who cared about him, he finally gave up, and started to walk in the middle of the highway, like he was just waiting for the Damocles spear to take his soul freshly arrived in this unfortunate reincarnation, I saw him siting in the middle of the highway... Than I turn my face, and I started crying.

How could I continue my travel with the puppy with me?? How could I leave him to die in the desert... I had to find one good reasons to justify my decision. That reason will help to calm my soul. And I have to believe in that reason.... Believe in the natural events. 
That was hard, I really don't know what happen but I exploded like firework... Maybe is the desert.
I reached Tuba City at dusk. Found a cheap Motel. Had a shower, felt again the tears and the water going down. Got something to eat and fell in to deep sleep. 

I really hate, to abandon living things, human or animal in need. 

Comments