Swan Valley and Placid Lake

The 13th of May, I left Big Fork, and took the ride through the wonderful Swan Valley, suggested by Adventure Cycle Association. Very long ride, along a straight road surrounded by beautiful forests. I saw allot of road kills, animals completely deformed by strong impact of high speed travelers, or eventually drunken bar flies going back home. 



I felt sad, but in the same time other animals, will enjoy a free meal. 
I cycled through the day, a long day, 130 km circa, my knees were giving me some pain every now and then, I had to stop, drink water hydrated, eat a cereal bar, and keep going. 



I reached Seeley Lake, late around 8pm, the first Motel I decided was the good one. It had a beautiful bar attached. I went out for dinner and came back home. Decided than to see some local people, I took the bar way… There I met Justin and Heather, we talked a little bit than I decided to get back home to rest and be the wise guy I want to be, and have a good night of sleep… Actually Justin told the bar tender: One more for him on me!


… And so on, good time, with wonderful people! I feel blessed. They invited me over the day after to have a barbecue with them, and share good moments, I refused politely, telling that I wanted to reach Missoula. I felt sad not to accept, but if I don’t keep up going I will never reach San Diego in time, I will actually be lost some were here in Montana J    

The day I left Seeley Lake, I cycled just 15km outside the town, and stopped to enjoy the view… One car stopped… One guy came by, we talked for 5 minutes, he invited me to stay at their cabin… I thought about the proposition, felt guilty not to accept, and did  not know what to do with my choice to reach Missoula that day. I accepted. Cycled through gravel road to Placid Lake, were Mat and Emily have their cabin. What a beautiful place! Another day in Paradise! 

We took a swim in Placid Lake, cold but so good, felt really lucky to have had such proposition. If I did just cycled to Missoula, I never had the chance to be in that place.

Many thanx to Mat and Emily!

Comments

  1. You know Phil, you are really blessed, or maybe you simply deserve it as you've chosen your way. Over here just rain, corporate bullshit, more rain and another run of smalll people thinking small and living even smaller ... a bunch of hyper braniacs who lost nature and beauty. I am happy for you to get to do this for yourself and for the people you meet, enjoy every second of it, breathe every bozon, feel every nano particle.
    Maybe stop the binge, that will not help you further down to San Diego, but for the rest take it easy, the beauty is on sideways isn't it?
    We are proud of what you are achieving and you could be a real lesson for all those starched white collars from Smalltown around here.
    Breathe freedom and collect some sand on the way, it will tell your story.
    Go free man!

    Manuel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Manuel, I shall tell the truth as well, cycling is not always easy. And US is huge... Sometime I'm thinking about the time (limited) that I have. I will actually cut in the maps a little bit to get more time.

    Thank you for your wonderful comment :)

    Take care you all big kisses from Montana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment