From Ennis to West Yellowstone


After two nights in Ennis, with little than less sleeping, I hit the road again direction West Yellowstone. The morning started to show "some" clouds, it was going to rain. So I prepared my self.
Temperature was decent, around 15C... Was!
I saw the clouds diving into the valley from the mountains, with large showers, far on the horizon, moving toward me. That was bad. As the first cumulus surrounded me, the temperature dropped from 15C to 0C... Freezing!!!

You can see the upper photo, my left view, and the second photo my right view... I cycle through snow, covered with my fancy cape, that costed 100$ and was not good as the old cape from the army. I had to fight wind gust, trucks going by fast, blowing the cape in my face, I had my hand and feet frozen wet.
That condition lasted for circa two or three hours.

Finally the sky opened up, I could take off my cape, move my body to warm up, shake my hands in the wet gloves, and move my fingers foot to regain sensitivity, and enjoy the cold day...
I had to stop, to find something to eat, but most places were closed. And after 3pm the sky started to grow again threatening clouds. After 70km I decided to stop, in wonderful place were they have cozy cabins, I could not imagine sleeping in a tent with such cold weather conditions.


Finally in the evening the sky was clear. And I was happily warm in my wooden cabin.
Civilization have good points, good shower, nice bed, I got some music, listen to Brad Meldau "The art of trio". Perfect evening...
Almost.
I had nothing to eat, and no restaurants around...
Let's see... I got Olive oil! I got garlic! Tomato sauce, salt and pepper! And I got spaghetti!
That was yummy!



Comments