East Glacier Village Park, and Hwy 2....

East Glacier Village Park, quiet evening in Pine Mountain Motel, wonderful place to stay, simple, clean, wonderful owners. I understood late at my arrival, why I wanted so badly reach destination that long day from Cardston.
That day... I went in a local small Mexican restaurant, smelling like a bear... (I had not time to take a shower, to wash the day off, and smell like a man).
East Glacier Village Park down town. Very busy.
For any one going there I can suggest twin medicine grill, they do wonderful home made hamburgers.
You can spend your days, watching huge trains towing 100 plus wagons.
 
The way in, into bear country, they are actually every were, not only in the park, but I did not meet any, I'm maybe to Swiss and to careful. Even if I'm prepared with my tourist Mexican sauce (pepper spray), to defend my self from one eventual bear attack on the road, I'm not so courageous to keep going in.
I was pretty much alone, not many tourists, the ranger post was empty, seated on bicycle I was thinking: What if you going uphill and you meet Mr.Bear???
change my mind evidently, I thought it will be safer to U-Turn, and go back to the little civilization 20km from there. I'm to brave... But the feeling to be alone, and not on the top of the food chain in that situation make's you think twice. In Switzerland and Europe generally, up in the mountains, the only danger to you, is your self. Here you can get serious wild options to be injured, or dead...
I left East Glacier Village Park, with wind blowing on my mind so strongly, that I lost my hat few times, had to stop, attach my bicycle with strings to a pillar, close the jacket, walk back, look for my Borsalino funky hat... Highway 2, crossing from East Glacier to West Glacier is not a funny road to ride for cyclist, shoulder is very small, or non existent in many places, you have blind turns, cars ride fast, and big trucks goes even faster. The wind bounced me, few times in the wrong direction, had to keep focus, keep the bicycle straight, look in the mirror, cross fingers...
Definitively the wrong Hwy... Cyclists nightmare.
I spend the first two hours fighting against very strong gust wind, even downhill I had to keep pedaling. After the summit, things went allot better.
Smooth downhills, wind in the hairs, landscapes to take your breath away. Trucks and cars to take your life away uhuhuh....









Comments

  1. bellissima la foto. sembra un magritte.

    everything is going to be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Mr Bear will meet you somewhere, leave your food locked in and make some noise, once you see one, just know there is a bigger one just near ...
    Fly with the wind!
    Man take care and come back in one piece.
    ManTaLiZoSo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment